Charles Darwin University does not inspect listings. It is the responsibility of the student or staff member to inspect the property. Any negotiations entered into are at the discretion of the student or staff member and accommodation provider.
Charles Darwin University does not claim responsibility for the accuracy or veracity of information provided. Each student or staff member must make his or her own enquiries and satisfy himself or herself as to the integrity of the accommodation provider and whether the condition of accommodation is appropriate. We strongly advise that all accommodation should be inspected prior to the payment of any monies or the signing of any documents. Charles Darwin University does not take responsibility for any lease arrangements between students or staff and landlords and no recourse shall be had to the university by students or staff members in respect of any claim arising out of the accommodation arrangement.
As a tenant your responsibilities are to:-
• Pay your rent on time and always ask for a receipt
• Not damage the premises. As a tenant, you are liable for the cost of repairs associated with damage to the property
• Notify the agent of any required repairs
• Maintain the premises to a satisfactory standard (this may include cleaning and upkeep of the garden)
• Be aware of your neighbours - do not disturb the peace, comfort and privacy of your neighbours
• Not allow guests to cause a disturbance or damage the premises
• Not use the property for illegal purposes
• Leave the property in a similar condition to what it was at the start of the tenancy
• Hand in your keys when the tenancy is finished